Thursday, February 25, 2010

When You are Worth Alive Part II


A short story

It all starts when Cherry realize that she needs a father at the age of 4 in her nursery.

She always looks at other children who had their parents to pick them up.

And then, by looking intimately and closely she didn’t realize that she was being called…

“Ms. Cherry…”

“Ms. Cherry …”

“Miss!”

Then Cherry answered quickly upon noticing that she has been called “ Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you . . . Jillian.” Then Jillian answered, “I’m sorry miss, but we are going home…” “oh alright… we’d better be going home”

By that time, Cherry is always mesmerizing on having a father…

“Jillian?” Cherry says. Then Jillian answered “Yes?”

Cherry answered with a hurry, “Do you know the feeling of, uhmm, like being a kid who had her horseback ride at her daddy’s shoulder?” then Jillian answered it quickly with a shock, “Yes, my father use to do that to me when I am little. Why’d you ask all of the sudden Miss?” then cherry replied “It just made me think of what it feels to be like the children I usually see when it is going home time.” Jillian answered “You miss your father huh?” then Cherry answered with a lonely tone “Yes, I never had something experience like that…”

At night…

“Jillian?” Cherry called, “Are you sleeping?”

Jillian answered “Just half a sleep, what it is Miss and you called up at this time?”

Cherry then answered, “Can I share you something if you don’t mind? It just concerns with the one we are talking about a while ago.”

Jillian, “hmm.. sure, I guess I have all the time to rest for tomorrow, after all it’s Saturday”

Cherry, “alright then”

It all started when my Mama, brothers and my sister told me a story about how great my father was even though he is up right there in heaven.

Did you know that, the reason why my father died is because he is trying to save our lives from the Muslims who invaded our home and took all the money we have when I was one year old… and the reason my father died is because he is trying his best to protect, save and defend what we have, our family. I never thought I was going to tell a story about this but, it is what I always wanted to share and I can’t hold on just by seeing those kids who is playing with their dad, with their whole family.

I feel incomplete… But hey, my mother, my brothers and my sister is trying their best to complete me and standing there to be the father I usually need for me to grow.

Years and years had passed…

And Cherry had successfully graduated High school.. but during graduation . . .

“Looking at the distant sky, feeling the cold wind upon the heights of the highest mountain…”

“Papa, I will always remember you. . . Here in me, with all my heart and soul… I will always Love you.”

I remembered…

Carlisle (big brother), Christly (Sister) and Christian (2nd brother) told me that when I was little, my father would buy me anything that is best for me like a toy or new dress or new stuff. It was like them saying that, hey Cherry your pretty lucky because Dad favors u so much.

Then my mother will say “Your Dad use to hold you so tight, and never let go. Whenever he is at work and he has his hands dirty, he usually uses his shirt to wipe all the dirt away for him to carry you”

Christian always telling me that whenever our dad saw him throwing me in the air, he usually get all the scold and my big brother usually gets the hard discipline by the stick made of wood for not taking care of me and not watching Christian throwing their little sister in the air. And then, our father grabs me and took me away from them… for keep sake and keeping me safe…

So that’s basically it, even though you aren’t with me today in my graduation at least Mama is here for me, with all my effort being paid with all the best award i could ever received in my life is the love of the people around me..

Especially God…

END.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cherry – Protagonist

Jillian – Maid

Papa you will always be here in my heart... forever...

3 comments:

Keo-Hime said...

The Greatest love of a person is about how a person or how he/she puts a sacrifice in everything he/she do... up to the time when he/she realized that he/she is already gone.

key of the sun said...

this story is very touching, it makes me cry, it made me realize of the importance and appreciation of having parents and family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keo! Always remember that you are not alone, in your quest in life. Your father would be very proud to see you that day when you graduated. In your mind and in your heart, you know that he is always with every step of the way. :) :) :)

Post a Comment